In this Tutorial I will guide you through the installation procedure of Magisk and MagiskSu for bypassing Safetynet check and root your device.
When i first came to know about Magisk, i was Mind Blown . I still remember after installing Magisk, and when it bypassed Safetynet check, I put my phone down and clapped for a minute. Such Developers are one of the reasons why Android beats any other OS.
Magisk can ROOT your device, along with standard common patches.
It packs with a super powerful Universal Systemless Interface, allowing unlimited potential!
- 100% fully open source and easy to build!
- Magic Mount:
Allow you to do any system (vendor) modification without actually tampering the partitions.
- MagiskSU: Open Source Root Solution
Root your device with MagiskSU, based on phh’s Superuser, which is based on CM Superuser.
- Magisk Manager:
MagiskSU Root Management, Upgrade Magisk in-app,
Manage, Upgrade, Download, Install Magisk Modules within a few taps.
- Magisk Hide:
Hide Magisk from detection, mainly targeting Google’s SafetyNet
Allow you to do any modifications to system props (build.prop), including read-only props.
It is also used along with magiskhide for tricking various device states
- Multiple Entry Points:
Provide several entry points to developers, reliably pausing the boot process before everything is done.
Include post-fs (cache) mode, which happens even earlier than data is mounted (used to replace Boot Animation etc.)
- Standard Stuffs:
Remove dm-verity, forceencrypt, unlock partitions blocks to support remount to rw
- Anything that previously modifies /system (/vendor) can be loaded with Magisk. I ported Xposed and ViPER4Android just as an example.
- Use apps/features that uses Google’s SafetyNet detection
- 100% systemless custom roms (take a look at our 100% Systemless Magisk ROM)
- (WIP) Universal Multirom for all Magisk supported devices (Proof Of Concept Video)
All Credits Goes to the developer topjohnwu
Steps For Installing Magisk And Root your Device
NOTE : Before we start, In order for magisk to work, you need Stock rom (Non-rooted Rom – Uninstalling Supersu won’t work) or Un tampered boot image .That is, xposed,supersu etc should not be installed on this rom before.
- Visit Magisk Latest stable Here and download Magisk Zip.
- Reboot your phone into Recovery
Note : In some devices (Eg : Lenovo P2) the data partition is f2fs . If you try to install with f2fs it will only result in Bootloop. So Please verify or Change it to Ext4
Refer to This Post to see how it can be done.
3. Download Magisk Manager apk from here (If it is not installed)
4. In Some devices MagiskSu might nit be installed even after flashing magisk zip. for this to fix flash the following Phh’s Su zipPhh's Su
Now you will have successfully installed Magisk
You Can Go to settings and enable MagiskSu, Magisk Hide
Now you are good to go. Add apps that needs to hide root and safetynet Eg: Pokemon Go, Banking apps etc into Magisk hide List.
You can install Xposed using magisk using Modules option in Magisk
But if you need to Bypass Safetynet, You need to turn off xposed in Xposed Apk and reboot.