I’ve been using this Authenticator for over 2 years now and I recommend everyone to use it.
Setting Up Google Authenticator
1. Go to https://myaccount.google.com/ and Login to your Google account with your Password.
2. Now go to Sign in and Security Tab and select 2-Step verification
3. Enter your mobile number and verify it
4. Google will ask you whether to turn 2-Step verification on or off. Turn it on
5. In the next page, below you will see Google Authenticator app select it
6. Now Select your device and download download Google Authenticator appDownload Apk
(Android) and proceed to next step.
7. You will be given a QRcode, if you are viewing this on a computer or another device other than your phone where Google Authenticator app is installed skip to step 9
8. Click on i can’t scan the code and a set of key will be revealed. Copy that
9. Now open app and press menu button and click in set up an account. There you will see 2 Options. If you want to scan the code, Select the first otherwise select the second.
10. If you selected to enter the key, enter your email address in the account name field and key in the next. And leave all other options the same. And add account.
11. After this, proceed to the next step in th browser. Enter the code that you got from the app (Make sure you enter it before the code expires). And save and you are Done.
12. Now Login to your Google again and and you will be asked to enter the code from app to login.
Note : If you are unable to use the code at the moment, you can get the code as SMS in the mobile number that you entered before. You can do this by selecting ‘ Try another way to login ‘
Enjoy and Be safe 🙂